Cinemiracle Trailer Unit
|Read more at|
The 70mm Newsletter
|Written by: R. H. McCullough. Prepared for in70mm.com by: Anders M. Olsson (Sweden).||Date: 14.10.2017|
1. Drive-in theatre screens vary in size from 65 feet to 125 feet.
2. If we were to project on any drive-in theatre's regular screen it would appear like CinemaScope, although our screen illumination and definition would be an improvement over the drive-in theatre projection.
3. It is our plan, when we ATTACK the drive-in theatre business, to increase the screen size over the regular screen.
4. Drive-in theatre presentation will be flat screen projection.
5. We have no problems to solve with this presentation except the increased screen size.
6. When we are ready for this type of presentation, a scaffolding company can be employed to erect a scaffolding on each side of the present screen tower, properly braced to withstand wind stress. We can install metal sheets over the front, matching up of course with the drive-in theatre screen. Some additional metal will have to be installed on the bottom of the screen for the increased height. The entire screen will have to be refinished or repainted.
7. The scaffolding mentioned can be leased, which rental can include the installation and removal.
1. This traveling projection room was designed for use in drive-in theatres and large auditoriums.
2. It includes three Cinemiracle projectors and a standard 35 m.m. projector.
3. It is equipped with four 135 ampere projector lamps, rectifiers and complete rewind and film storage equipment.
4. A special 220-440 volt, 3 phase transformer is installed to take care of any drive-in theatre or large auditorium voltage.
5. We have two 100-foot flexible cables with this trailer, one for the three phase power and the other for the single phase service.
6. This trailer can be moved from place to place by employing a tractor service, which is covered by a fixed tariff according to weight and mileage.
7. It is not necessary that the portable trailer unit projection room be in direct center with the drive-in theatre screen; it can be located to the side of the regular projection room, similar to our test run at our Nevada Theatre in Las Vegas.
8. Three projectionists will be required to operate this unit.
9. The three Cinemiracle projectors project straight ahead, without the use of mirrors.
10. Adjustable lens mounts are used for image match.
11. At present this unit is all set in readiness for immediate operation.
1. Single track magnetic sound will be used for this unit.
2. The trailer will be equipped with two penthouse sound reproducers, one for the prologue projector and another for "B" projector.
3. Our sound will consist of preamplifiers, power supplies and control and changeover equipment.
4. The sound output leads from our trailer will connect directly into the drive-in theatre's power and amplifier input.
5. The sound reproduction will feed through the theatre's regular drive-in car speakers.
6. From the test run in Las Vegas everything worked out according to plans and engineering.
|More in 70mm reading:|
"Windjammer" in Cinemiracle
Sales Manual For Louis De Rochemont's Windjammer
|CINEMIRACLE TRAILER UNIT|
1 - Used 32 Ft. Aerovan Fruehauf trailer, including cutting 8 openings for projector and lookout ports, and installing insulation and 1/2 inch plaster board on full interior, painting, ventilation and installing one 4 ft. door on side of trailer $4,800.00
EQUIPMENT FOR TRAILER UNIT
4 - Century mechanisms 4,966.00
3 - Drive motors and one extra motor and mounting brackets 652.50
3 - Projector pedestals 471.00
2 - Spare intermittent movements 560.00
4 - Ashcraft rectifiers 3,360.00
3 - Ashcraft water circulators 290.00
3 - Relay lenses 150.00
12 - 10,500 Ft. Film reels 708.00
2 - Adjustable lens mounts 125.00
3 - 4" Diameter Projector lenses 1,163.75
3 Sets - Feed and take-up magazines 3,000.00
Rewind and storage equipment 1,109.95
3 - Fire extinguishers 74.16
3 - Carbon waste cans 43.05
1 - Trash can 18.63
Selsyn motors and electrical control equipment 2,000.00
Sound equipment $ 1,839.40
1 - Used prologue projector, including projector base, mechanism, 2 magazines, lens and Peerless Magnarc lamp 1,100.00
1 - Film splicer 140.00
Sales tax on equipment 870.85
| || |
|Go: back - top - back issues - news index|