|Baghdad||Cinema Houses Ltd (*)|
|Baghdad||Al Nasr (»)|
|Reykjavik||Háskólá Bio (*»P)|
| ||Two DP70 (1624+1628) First THX theatre in Norden. SR.D. DTS. As of 1998 not a THX|
Machines taken out and in storage at the Icelandic Film Library.
| ||Two DP70. Machines taken out and in storage at the Icelandic Film Library. THX.|
| || |
| ||Three DP70 (___+____+____). There were quite a few installations of DP70 in Israel, I've seen 3 DP70's in Cinema Sharon in Nethania back in 1980, naturally they showed only 35mm. There are 3@ Fedi 70 machines still in the booth of cinema Gordon in Tel-Aviv. Both cinemas have been defunct for years. Alex Asp, 13.06.2011.|
| ||One DP70 (___). One of the last surviving DP70's exhibited in the lobby of Cinema City, 30 screen multiplex at the outskirts of Tel-Aviv. Alex Asp, 13.06.2011|
The machine is not functional. With 70 mm empty reel in upper magazine, and 35 mm reel in the lower. The film gate inside is 35 mm, and the magnetic heads block is still in place. 18.06.2011 image by Steven Becker.
| ||One DP70 (885) from Schauburg, Germany. Installed 2018|
| ||The Adriano in May 2006. Image by Thomas Hauerslev|
First permanent Todd-AO theatre in Europe. "Oklahoma!" opened here 14.02.1957 (European premiere). Original cinema rebuilt 1990 into a multiplex and equipped with Kinoton machines.
|Beruit||Cinema Byblos (»)|
From the Super Cinerama days (70mm) of the Cinema Byblos, an advert for "Cinerama's Russian Adventure", around 1967. Advert from George Florence's' collection.
Click on the advert.
| ||A pair of DP70s on their way to the scrap dealer in a back street, somewhere in Beiruit.|
Picture taken February 2013
| ||Opened 09.11.1936, 2219 seats. Renamed ABC 1963. Two DP70 installed 25.12.1959 and "South Pacific" shown in Todd-AO. DP70 moved 1969 to private in Glasgow, Scotland. Closed 22.09.1977 by arson. Renamed Cannon. (Reopened date?) Closed 01.07.1993.|
|Funchal (Madeira)||? (»)|
| ||Two DP70 (1761+1762). Opened in 1966. 1152 seats. Also two FP7 projectors. The first 70mm film, "Circus World", were without subtitles. Subtitles were projected in 35mm. Cinema is closed and used as car parking. Projectors are still there.|
| ||SR.D. DTS|
| ||July 2009: "Studio-ul n-a avut niciodata 70mm. Au fost numai la Patria si Luceafarul." / Cinema Studio never had 70mm. Cinema Patria and Luceafarul have had 70mm projectors. |
| || |
| ||Built in 1914. 927 seats. Closed in 1993.|
|Moscow||Cine and Concert Hall "Cosmos"|
| ||Two DP70 (1567 & 1568). Installed on 1979 (before Moscow Olympic Games) by French engineers: Dominik & Rishar. Only work 4 weeks every year during Russian Film Market (2 weeks in December and 2 weeks in March). Ruslan Sarvarov, 5 May 2009|
|Barcelona||Exposicion Mundial (»)|
| ||Two DP70 (1808+1809). To private in Barcelona|
Image by Gerardo Cortes
| ||Two DP70 (1808+1809) from Exposicion Mundial (»)|
|Madrid||Cine Consulado (»)|
|Madrid||Cine Paz #1 (*»P)|
| ||THX, SR.D. DTS|