BKSTS Technical Wall Charts
|Read more at|
The 70mm Newsletter
|Written by: IMIS/BKSTS, Graham Lodge, David Pope & Thomas Hauerslev||Date: 25.03.2021|
|This BKSTS Motion Picture Colour Processes wall chart illustrates, with film frames, the methods devised for adding colour to motion pictures. Early efforts include the addition of artificial colour to black-and-white prints, using overall tinting and toning, or the application of multi-colour tints by hand, or through stencils. Today’s modern equivalent, electronic “Colorization” is also featured.|
Over many years, the British Kinematograph, Sound & Television Society (UK) has gained respect for the variety of Technical Wall Charts it has produced. These Wall Charts are to be found in a wide variety of establishments, working both as peer reviewed reference sources, and fascinating decoration. Topics covered range from the processes of Digital Intermediate, through Television Aspect Ratios, to Film Handling for Projectionists.
Approximately 67cm x 48 cm.
Name of Item / Price Each
• The Digital Intermediate Process Wallchart £30
• High Definition Systems Wallchart £30
• Film Gauges and Soundtracks Wallchart £30 *)
• Widescreen & 3D Film Formats Wallchart £30 *)
• Motion Picture Colour Processes Wallchart £30 *)
• Motion Picture Systems for Special Venues & Theme Parks Wallchart £30 *)
• Television Aspect Ratio Chart Wallchart £30
• Current Film Formats for Cinema and Television Wallchart £30
• Video Recording Techniques Wallchart £30
• Special and Visual Effects Chart 2 - Animation & Computer Imaging Wallchart £30
• Special and Visual Effects Chart 3 - Physical Effects Wallchart £30
• Film Handling for the Projectionist Wallchart £30
• OLD Video Tape & Recording Formats Wallchart £30
Complete Set of Wallcharts £288
*) Compiled by Grant Lobban
|More in 70mm reading:|
Fellowship of the BKSTS for Paul Schofield
Steve Larcombe wins Frank Littlejohns Award 2009
Projection Team of the Year 2009
Who is Grant Lobban?
New cinema history book "All Shapes and Sizes"
In the Splendour of 70mm
Thomas Hauerslev Receives BKSTS Award
Join The Projected Picture Trust!
The Projected Pictures Trust. A Visit to the archive in Halifax, UK
The PPT Looking after cinemas heritage
|Widescreen & 3D Film Formats|
The people to talk to about the best way to purchase these posters are:
Tell him which and how many you would like and he will prepare a Pro-Forma Invoice for you. He will need your Billing Address and your Shipping Address together with your local Telephone Number for the Shipping Address. On Freight the prices above reflect an Ex-Works or FOB Price.
Sound Associates Ltd
-, will be happy to give you a price on packaging and shipping cost once you let us know exactly what you need. Alternatively if you already have an account with one of the major courier services, then please feel free to arrange for collection from Sound Associates, where the wall charts are currently stored.
|Current Film Formats for Cinema and Television|
| || |
| || |
| || |
|Go: back - top - back issues - news index|